Ceramic Ball Bearing
High temperature resistance, corrosion resistance, anti-magnetic, electrical insulation, vacuum, light specific gravity, lubrication-free(Sl3N4 3.2g/cm3) (ZrO2 6.2g/cm3) (bearing steel 7.85g/cm3)
- Higher hardness and better elasticity compare to standard steel bearings.
- Full ceramic bearings can be run completely dry.
- Excellent corrosion resistance allows them to run in concentrated acids, alkalis or submerged in seawater without corroding.
- More suitable for temperature variation.
- The life cycle of full ceramic bearings are much longer than steel bearings.
- Prevent electrical arcing. The natural insulating properties of ceramic material eliminate this type of damage.
Semiconductor manufacturing equipment, pharmaceutical equipment, wet process equipment, chemical equipment, TFT-LCD equipment, PCB equipment, printing equipment, food equipment, optical equipment, vacuum equipment.
- Inner/outer races=> ZrO2、Si3N4、SIC
- Balls=> ZrO2、Si3N4、SIC、Glass
- Cage=>PEEK、PTFE、Bakelite、Nylon、Full complement (no cage)
Product Model : Ceramic bearing
|Silicon Nitride Si3N4||Zirconium Oxide ZrO2|
|Coefficient of thermal expansion (10-6/k)||3.2||10.5|
|Elastic modulus (Gpa)||300~320||210|
|Flexural strength (Mpa)||200||300|
|Compressive strength (Mpa)||1400||2100|
|Fracture toughness (Mpa．m1/2)||6.0~7.0||10.0|
|Thermal conductivity (W/mk)||18||2|
|Electrical resistivity (Ω•mm2/m)||1018||1015|
|Max temperature (°C)||800||550|
|Dimensional stability||High (Not easy to change with temp.)||-|